Question: What can I do if I have not finished my alcohol classes and have since moved out of California? My DUI was in Van Nuys Court, Los Angeles, CA.

Answer: You will need to get an extension for the DUI classes from the Van Nuys Court, where you received your DUI conviction. It is also for the Judge to approve a request to let you take classes in another state other than California. Note that you will likely have to start the classes from the start in another state. Also, even if the judge allows you to take classes out of state to satisfy the Court, it will not satisfy the DMV, and in order to get your CA license back, you will have to complete a CA DUI course. Call me at 818-336-1384 if you would like some assistance in handling this matter.

Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks