Question: Can I get a public defender for a Minor in possession charge in west los angeles court?

Answer: Whether or not you can get a public defender in west los angeles court will depend your financial status. Are you sure it is being charged as a misdemeanor? If you are indigent, and you qualify (financially), then yes. Keep in mind that sometimes people still have to pay fees for the use of public defender services. Also, people often get frustrated with public defenders because they often do not spend a lot of time with clients discussing their case. Keep in mind that public defenders have a very large case load and it is not personal. They only have so much time in a day, and often do not have the time to spend talking with people about their cases for the amount of time they would like. Good luck in your case.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks