DUI outside of California

Question: I got a DUI in Van Nuys, CA 10 years ago. I got another DUI while visiting OH (I still live in Van Nuys, CA). I don’t have any other DUIs or other convictions. I did not take the breathalyzer or blood test. How can I fight this? Should I hire a DUI attorney in Van Nuys or OH?
Answer: You should speak to a DUI attorney or two in the area of the charge. Based on the limited info you gave, I would recommend hiring a private attorney in VA who may be able to handle this without you needing to go back to VA.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney