DUI and license suspension outside of California

Question: Can i get a drivers license in los angeles if i have had a DUI in another state and my drivers license is suspended there?
Answer: if you have a suspended license in one state based on a DUI conviction, and both states are in the compact (which means that they share DMV records….and almost all the states are in the compact), then you will likely have issues getting your license in the other state. California is a “compact” state.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney