Sentenced to jail for violating DUI probation in Ventura County. Can I get an alternative to jail?

Question: I was recently sentenced to 35 days in jail for my second DUI and a violation of probation in Ventura County, Ca. I was told I would do half the time. My DUI was almost a year ago and now I am close to 3 months pregnant. I am really worried about going to jail and not getting all the nutrients that my baby needs. Is there anything I can do? I was told I would do 50% of the time. Is that true?
Answer: Doing what is often referred to as half time is very common (can change depending on the history and level of charge involved). In order to change your sentencing, you and or your attorney would have to attempt to recall the case to alter the sentencing. Were your concerns regarding your pregnancy brought up at the hearing that you were sentenced at?
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks