Is it to possible expunge a DUI 23152 VC in California?

Question:  Is it to possible expunge a DUI 23152 VC in California?  I was convicted of the dui in San Fernando a couple years ago and I want to start looking for a new job.  I don’t know that the conviction will necessarily stop me from getting the job, but I figure getting it expunged wouldn’t hurt and could possibly help.  I did what the court required me to do and I have not had any other charges or even a speeding ticket since I was convicted for the DUI.

Also, I heard that if I just let it sit there that after a certain number of years it will be expunged automatically, like after 7 or 10 years.  Is that accurate?

Answer:  It is possible to get a DUI conviction dismissed, which is often referred to as an expungement.  You wrote that your conviction was from a couple years ago.  Are you still on probation out of San Fernando for the DUI?  or has the probation been terminated?  If you are still on probation, then you would not be eligible to get the conviction dismissed until you have no pending charges OR active probation.

That being said, if you are still on probation for the DUI, it is also possible to get an early termination of probation in order to get the 23152 DUI conviction dismissed.  It adds a step to the mix, but it can be done.  Depending on how far along you are in the probation, and the urgency of getting the probation terminated; both can be factors on whether I advise to move forward with the early termination of probation proceedings versus waiting out the remainder of probation.

I have been successful in getting probation terminated early for DUI clients, as well as for other criminal conviction clients, as well as getting dismissals granted, even when there have been probation violation issues that had to be dealt with.

Check out the following site for some more information on expungments:  Benefits of getting your conviction dismissed