Question: I was convicted for first offense DUI in Van Nuys a few months back. I want to get my license back but haven’t done the alcohol course I am supposed to do…

Answer: In order to get a restricted license after a first offense DUI conviction, one of the requirements is enrolling in the applicable alcohol course. In order to get your full license reinstated, you will have to complete the course. I would recommend enrolling into the course as soon as possible. If you have not enrolled in it and it’s been more than 21 days since your conviction dated, you may have to go back to court in order for them to reinstate the order for alcohol schools. You can check with the schools first though to see if they will allow you to enroll at this point.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI, Criminal and Expungement matters throughout Courts in Southern California. Van Nuys DUI Attorney, San Fernando DUI Attorney, Burbank DUI Attorney, Glendale DUI Attorney, Pasadena DUI Attorney, Metro Los Angeles DUI Attorney, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks