Question: I was convicted for DUI in Van Nuys 2 years ago but didn't pay my fines or alcohol class and there is a hold on my drivers license. When can I get my license back?

Answer: You can contact the DMV to see the status of your license, but it likely won’t be valid again in CA until you finish the required alcohol course.
Also, my guess is you are in violation of your DUI probation in Van Nuys, CA for not paying the fine (and anything else you didn’t finish that was a part of your DUI probation), and there may be a bench warrant for your arrest. You may want to check in with Van Nuys Court to see if there are any pending issues. I would recommend consulting an attorney in your area to check in to your current case and resolve any outstanding matters before they get worse. Call me at 818-336-1DUI if you would like to discuss further.
Phil Hache,
Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, CA, San Fernando, CA, Burbank, CA, Glendale, CA, Pasadena, CA, Metropolitan Court, Bellflower, CA, Alhambra, CA, Malibu, CA, Compton, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Airport Court, Chatsworth, CA Inglewood, CA, Los Angeles, CA and other Courts