Question: I was arrested for Petty Theft in Los Angeles. Will future employers see my shoplifiting petty theft charge if I pay back the $250 fees requested by their attorney?

Answer: Your arrest record is different than your conviction record. If you were arrested, paying the store $250 will not clear that record. You should speak to a criminal defense attorney in L.A. about your case in more detail. It may be possible to work out a civil compromise with the store, or get the charges dismissed by informal diversion. Regardless, speak to a criminal defense attorney before you do anything. Call me at 818-336-1384 to discuss further.
Phil Hache,
Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, CA, San Fernando, CA, Burbank, CA Glendale, CA Pasadena, CA Metropolitan Court, Bellflower, CA, Alhambra, CA, Malibu, CA, Compton, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Airport Court, Chatsworth, CA Inglewood, CA, Los Angeles, CA and other Courts