Question: I live out of state but got a Los Angeles DUI Conviction. Is it possible to do my classes in another state?

Answer: Yes, it is possible. The process includes going to Court where your conviction is, have your case recalled, inform the court that you live out of state, and request that the court allow you to do a comparable Alcohol course in your state of residence. An attorney licensed in California can handle this for you on your behalf. Keep in mind that if the Court does allow this, and you successfully complete the Alcohol course in TX, it will not satisfy your requirements for the DMV based on your DUI conviction. Thus, if you at some point decide to move back to California, the DMV will likely not issue you a CA license until you finish the 3 month AB -541 course in California. Feel free to call me at 818-336-1384 if you would like to discuss in further detail.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI, Criminal and Expungement matters throughout Courts in Southern California. Van Nuys DUI Attorney, San Fernando DUI Attorney, Burbank DUI Attorney, Glendale DUI Attorney, Pasadena DUI Attorney, Metro Los Angeles DUI Attorney, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks