Question: I got a DUI in Van Nuys, but now temporarily living in Mexico. Do I need to come up for every court date?

Answer: I advise retaining private counsel. Assuming the matter is a misdemeanor (ie. you did not get into an accident that caused injury to another party, or it’s not your 4th DUI for example), then under most circumstances, privately retained counsel can appear for you in court on your behalf without you having to attend. Additionally, they can defend your case and potentially get your charges reduced or dismissed while mitigating other potential consequences. I regularly handle cases in Van Nuys Court with great results. Call me if you would like to discuss in further detail.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks