Question: i can request an extension for first DUI in San Fernando, CA court if I can not make it to the court date?

Answer: Many courts will grant a continuance for a first time misdemeanor arraignment depending on the circumstances, but generally, you or your attorney on your behalf will have to be in court on the arraignment date to request the continuance from the Judge. Also note that for a misdemeanor, if you fail to appear completely and without an attorney present on your behalf, the Judge will likely issue a bench warrant for your arrest which will create further problems and potential consequences. Courts take these matters very seriously. Call me at 818-336-1384 to discuss further. I am in San Fernando Court regularly handling DUI cases.

Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks