Question: Driving on a suspended license in El Monte CA while in formal probation for a DUI

Question: I was pulled over by a chp my license was suspended for DUI in Los Angeles, CA. At that time the officer gave me two citations one that had suppose to be a vc 14601 instead gave a vc12500 and in writing said suspended license. the citations took place in el monte, ca.
Answer: You should hire an attorney for this. You are looking at a few potential issues. First being a probation violation on the underlying DUI conviction. The second is a VC 14601.2, driving on a suspended license (which has mandatory minimum jail time). Even though the officer made a mistake on the statute number, the prosecutors office likely will not (and that’s the one that counts as far as the actual charges filed). I handle these matters in el monte. Feel free to call me at 818-336-1384 if you would like to discuss further.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer