Question: Case is in Van Nuys Court. Can I get a motion of suppression if there are errors in my police report?

Answer: Sounds like you have a good case to defend yourself, potentially impeaching the officer’s credibility, etc. Based on what you said alone, a motion to suppress probably wouldn’t be called for. That doesn’t mean that there may not be other reasons to file the motion to suppress of course. For instance, if the police report is silent as to any probable cause for pulling you over in the first place. If there are independent reasons for the motion to suppress, then these errors can be used to impeach the cop (as well as at trial). That being said, all the errors in the police report can be used to your advantage. You should talk with an experienced attorney who handles DUI cases in your court.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks