Question: Can I remove what shows up when someone does a background check on me in California?

Answer: Yes, you can petition the Court to get your convictions “expunged” (which is a fancy word for dismissed) pursuant to PC 1203.4. There are many benefits to this, including not having to report that you were convicted of the charge on an application once it is expunged in most instances. There are certain limitations to this of course, for instance, you still must report that you have been convicted of a crime when filling out a “Government application” or professional license application. In those cases, you can list that the conviction was dismissed.

I understand the importance of clearing your criminal record for employment or other purposes and have an extremely high success rate in accomplishing this for my clients in a timely manner.

Feel free to call me at 818-336-1384 if you would like to discuss this further.

Also, there is more information about clearing your record here:  Clearing your criminal record