Expunging a Misdemeanor VC 12500 driving with no license

Question: Can I get a Misdemeanor VC 12500 driving with no license expunged?  My conviction for driving with no license was in Van Nuys Court in 2008.  I was only 22 years old at the time of the conviction.  I did everything I was supposed to do for the court and have not had any other convictions since then.  I am starting to apply for new jobs and don’t want this conviction causing any issues and would like to clear it off my record if possible.  

Also, are there court fees that are associated with this process?

Answer: Yes, it is possible to get a Misdemeanor VC 12500 driving with no license conviction dismissed from your record (often referred to as getting it “expunged”. As you indicated, there are several benefits to having this successfully done, including when it comes to job and employment prospects. 

To answer your other question, yes, generally speaking there is a “court filing fee” for each case that a petition for dismissal is filed on with the court.  It is possible to get that fee reduced or waived.  We can discuss this further when we talk.  

I have successfully handled post conviction dismissals such as what you are requesting for this type of conviction, as well as many others in Van Nuys Court and would be happy to do the same for you.  Call me at 818-336-1384 when you get a chance to discuss this further.

Phil Hache,

Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, CA, San Fernando, CA, Burbank, CA Glendale, CA Pasadena, CA Metropolitan Court, Bellflower, CA, Alhambra, CA, Malibu, CA, Compton, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Airport Court, Chatsworth, CA Inglewood, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Ventura, Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange County.