Clearing up arrest record if charges not filed

Question: I was arrested for misdemeanor “23152A VC-DUI alcohol” DUI in Van Nuys, CA almost 4 years ago. I got a background check from California Department of Justice and the document prints ” misdemeanor “23152A VC-DUI under arrest record. My DUI attorney spoke with the DA and the Superior court and they said nothing was filed. My DUI attorney said there is nothing else we can do. What can I do to get this DUI arrest off my record?
Answer: Even if the case was not filed it will still show up on your arrest record. The only way to get that cleared is to have the arrest record sealed which requires showing factual innocence which is tough to do in most circumstance, even if charges were never filed.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer