Theft case and citizenship

Question: If i get a misdemeanor for theft in San Fernando, CA and I get probation can still legalize in the united states?
Answer: You should consult with an immigration attorney. I am not an immigration attorney. I handle DUI and Criminal defense. But, it is my understanding that one cannot become a U.S. Citizen while they are on probation. Further, theft is considered a crime of moral turpitude and can create issues. You should speak to a criminal defense and immigration attorney about your situation before you resolve your criminal case.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer