Question: Is there a restricted license that enables me to drive to and from school after getting a DUI in Burbank, CA?

Answer: If you are under 21, then you can petition for a “critical needs” license which may allow driving to and from school if the petition is granted. NOTE: This can be a bit confusing, call me if you have a question: If you are over 21, There are two new statutes that came into affect in July 2010. The first is applicable to Los Angeles County (and 3 other counties in CA) and includes Burbank, CA, which makes installation of an IID mandatory if there is a DUI conviction. I have seen documents from the DMV stating that people required to get an IID under that statute can drive for all purposes once the IID is installed.

Phil Hache

DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks