Question: Is it possible to get an out of state license after a DUI in San Fernando, CA? Can a DUI attorney assist with this?

Answer: Generally speaking, your DMV record will be shared between the California DMV and most other states in the U.S. through what is called a “Compact.” If your license is suspended because of a DUI in California, then another state should be aware of that and refuse to issue you a license until you satisfy the DMV in California to lift the suspension. It is possible that the state you are moving to will not have updated DMV records. But even if they did issue you an out of state license, if they later find out about the CA license suspension, they could suspend your newly issued license which can lead to potential future issues (ie. driving on a suspended license). Your best bet is to resolve the DUI issue out here. An attorney can assist you with that.

Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks