Question: I received a DUI recently. Will I have to put an IID on both my cars?

Answer: You are supposed to get an IID on all cars registered to your name and that you have access too. While you have the IID restriction, you are not supposed to drive any cars that are not equipped with an interlock device. You can petition the DMV for an exemption from getting an Interlock device. If you sign title over your car to someone else and have the registration changed, you still may have an issue with the “access” to the car. An attorney can help assist you in this matter, or you can try contacting the DMV and filling out the exemption paperwork directly. You can contact me through or call me at 818-336-1384 should you have additional questions about this.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks