Question: I have a 23152 DUI charge from Pasadena. The ticket also says VC 12500a. What is that?

Answer: A VC 12500(a) charge is “Driving without a valid license.” Cops arresting for a DUI will often list this charge when the driver has an out of state license. Particularly if the driver has a CA address, and the car is registered in California. A 12500(a) charge is usually charged as a misdemeanor, but it can be dismissed, or reduced to an infraction. I have had success in getting that accomplished (as well as getting good results on DUI cases.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks