Question: I had a DUI conviction, 2nd DUI in San Fernando. I am confused about this interlock requirement. What do I do?

Answer: If convicted of a 2nd DUI in San Fernando (which is in Los Angeles County), then you are required to get a IID. The benefit is, generally speaking, after serving 90 days of a suspension you can then get an IID restricted license (second DUI offenders used to have to wait a year to be eligible for any kind of restricted license. Call me to discuss the IID. Technically your DUI attorney should be walking you through this. Unfortunately I end up getting a lot of calls from people who can’t get a return call from their DUI attorney. Regardless, I am happy to walk you through it.
Phil Hache,
Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, CA, San Fernando, CA, Burbank, CA, Glendale, CA, Pasadena, CA, Metropolitan Court, Bellflower, CA, Alhambra, CA, Malibu, CA, Compton, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Airport Court, Chatsworth, CA Inglewood, CA, Los Angeles, CA and other Courts