Question: I had a 2nd Offense Van Nuys DUI conviction in 2000. I am told by the DMV that I need to do an 18 month alcohol program to get my license back. Is that right???

Answer: If you received a 2nd offense DUI conviction in Van Nuys (or any other CA court), you will need to complete the 18th month program in California in order for the DMV to reinstate your CA drivers license. This is the case even if your conviction was over 10 years ago. Additionally, it is likely that completing the 18 month program was required as a term of your probation. If the court approved an out-of-state alcohol program, that will satisfy the court, but not the CA DMV in terms of reinstating your drivers license.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California. Van Nuys DUI Attorney, San Fernando DUI Attorney, Burbank DUI Attorney, Glendale DUI Attorney, Pasadena DUI Attorney, Metro Los Angeles DUI Attorney, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks