Question: I got to court today to find out the papers have not been filed for my dui case in Van Nuys, CA. Already had the DMV hearing. Should I enroll in an alcohol program in Los Angeles?

Answer: What was your BAC level? Did the DMV suspend your license already? If so, AND you want to get a restricted license, you will have to enroll in the alcohol program in order to get the restricted license. If the DMV has not taken any action against your license or if they have but you just want to sit out for the hard suspension time and not get a restricted license, then you may want to wait on the class to see what happens with the criminal case since you may not have to do the class at all. There are a few variables here. Call me at (818) 336-1384.

Phil Hache,

Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, CA, San Fernando, CA, Burbank, CA Glendale, CA Pasadena, CA Metropolitan Court, Bellflower, CA, Alhambra, CA, Malibu, CA, Compton, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Airport Court, Chatsworth, CA Inglewood, CA, Los Angeles, CA and other Courts.