Question: I got a DUI outside of California 15 years ago and left the state before court date. Is that why I can not renew my drivers license?

Answer: It is likely that there is a warrant issued in Iowa, and a hold on your license as a result of your failure to appear in Court regarding your DUI. You should contact an Attorney in Iowa who will be able to assist you in the matter. An attorney must be licensed in a state before practicing law there. For example, I am licensed to practice law in California, but I am not licensed to practice law in Iowa state courts.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI, Criminal and Expungement matters throughout Courts in Southern California. Van Nuys DUI Attorney, San Fernando DUI Attorney, Burbank DUI Attorney, Glendale DUI Attorney, Pasadena DUI Attorney, Metro Los Angeles DUI Attorney, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks