Question: I finished my DUI class out of state as approved by the San Fernando Court, but the DMV is not giving me my license back? they say I have to complete a Los Angeles Alcohol course.

Answer: Unfortunately regardless of what the court approved, you need to complete a CALIFORNIA (not Los Angeles) approved DUI course in order to get your california license reinstated. When it comes to drivers license on this matter, it doesn’t matter that the court approved an out of state course for purposes of your probation. Sorry to deliver that news. I wish the answer was different for you.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI, Criminal and Expungement matters throughout Courts in Southern California. Van Nuys DUI Attorney, San Fernando DUI Attorney, Burbank DUI Attorney, Glendale DUI Attorney, Pasadena DUI Attorney, Metro Los Angeles DUI Attorney, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks