Question Detail: I had a DUI in Malibu in 2009 and up until now, I was never convicted. Is there a way to clear my DMV Record?

Answer: When you say “up until now,” were you recently convicted (….almost 2 years later)? Or have you still not been convicted? Contact me through to discuss further. As for the DMV record, I do not believe there is a way to clear that. If there is an “acquittal” of a DUI in criminal court, then you can clear the DUI on your driving record as a result of the loss at the APS hearing (or failure to request an APS hearing). It’s a bit confusing, I know. Contact me if you would like to speak about it in more details.


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks