Question: Can a judge me involved in a DUI case with accident in which he knows someone?

Answer: No, if the Judge has personal ties to any of the parties involved (for example the victim of a DUI injury car accident), the Judge should recuse himself/herself from that case. If that doesn’t happen, have your attorney file a motion to have a new Judge hear the case.

Phil Hache,

Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, CA, San Fernando, CA, Burbank, CA Glendale, CA Pasadena,What CA Metropolitan Court, Bellflower, CA, Alhambra, CA, Malibu, CA, Compton, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Airport Court, Inglewood, CA, Los Angeles, CA and other Courts.