How do I find out if there is a warrant for my arrest for DUI

Question: I was arrested for a DUI in Reseda and was supposed to go to Van Nuys Court a few months back for the DUI misdemeanor. I moved out of state and didn’t go. How do I know if there is a warrant issued?
Answer: It is likely that there was a bench warrant issued if you failed to appear in Van Nuys Court on a DUI misdemeanor (or any other misdemeanor for that matter). You or your attorney can contact the Van Nuys Criminal clerk to verify DUI attorney may be able to recall the warrant without you being in court. Once the warrant is recalled, then a privately retained attorney should be able to handle the misdemeanor DUI matter without needing you to appear in court. Call me at 818-336-1384 to discuss further.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer