House arrest for 2nd DUI

Question: I was arrested for my 2nd dui outside of los angeles county. I live in yolo county and i would like to know how to request alternative sentencing. The 1st dui was in Van Nuys almost 4 years ago.
Answer: What county is the 2nd DUI in? The Judge can agree to house arrest (helps if prosecutor doesn’t object). It may be possible to get house arrest even if the judge does not necessarily approve it. House arrest procedures can vary from county to county. Check in with a DUI attorney in your area who can defend you in your case, and if jail time is required, they may be able to negotiate house arrest or set you up with it post sentencing.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer