DUI Attorney Near Me

Question: I was arrested for a DUI a few nights ago and I am looking to talk to a DUI attorney near me. I was in a car accident and it is my 2nd DUI. There was also an open bottle of alcohol found in my car. After doing the tests I was arrested and taken to Van Nuys Jail. I see you have an office near there and was hoping to get some information on how we can defend my case. Do you offer a free consultation?

Answer: Sorry to hear of this situation. Yes, I do offer a free consultation. Call me at 818-336-1384 to discuss your situation in more detail.

I regularly defend 2nd DUI offenses in Van Nuys Court (as well as 3rd offense and felony DUI offenses), and have done so with favorable outcomes. A few questions I will have for you when we talk include:

  1. When was your prior DUI?
  2. What County and State was your prior DUI in?
  3. Was it a solo vehicle or multiple vehicle accident?
  4. Was the accident minor, or major?
  5. Did ambulance or fire department show up? Or just officers?
  6. If another party was involved, were they injured (or was there multiple injuries)? If so, that can create enhanced issues and be filed as VC 23153 DUI with Injury. A VC 23153 is what is known as a “wobbler” and can be filed as a misdemeanor or felony offense.

Feel free to call me at your convenience and we can go from there.


Philip Hache, DUI Defense Attorney