DUI and Cocain Possession

Question: Boyfriend is in the country for 14 yrs. Got DUI & cocaine possession charges. Now he is in custody for more than week as he has immigration hold on him. So what we can do to get him out.
Answer: Criminal convictions can have serious immigration consequences. You should speak to a criminal/DUI defense attorney in your area about the criminal case, and an immigration attorney to discuss the immigration hold as well as consequences of convictions and potential favorable pleas in terms of immigration issues.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney