Changing community service

Question: I am to complete 48 hrs of community service, but I found a job and will have no time to finish my community service. Will the California court allow me to change my option from community service to paying a fine?
Answer: Depending on the court and situation, how to get this switched can vary. Was it Court ordered community service, or did you choose community service in leu of a fine? If it’s the former, you (or your attorney) will need to go to court to modify the term. If it is the latter, depending on the court, you may be able to just go to the clerk window and make the payment. You should speak to an attorney about your situation to figure out the options. Or contact the court if you want to try to handle on your own (which may take more time than you want to spend on the matter).