Change of DUI plea

Question: I pled guilty to a DUI a month ago, and now I want to hire a new DUI attorney to change my plea and go to jury trial. Is this possible?

1 Response

  1. Answer: Yes, it is possible to withdraw a plea. Keep in mind that the clock is ticking if you want to do this. You only have 180 days from the conviction date to withdraw your plea, and the sooner that you do it, the increased chance that it will get granted. Generally there needs to be more of a reason than “just changed my mind.” Call me to discuss further.