Can I get petty theft removed from my record

Question: How do I get rid of a misdemeanor for petty theft from San Fernando Court off of my record? I was convicted years ago, but want to clean up my record.
Answer: If you want to “expunge” your record, it is done through what is called a 1203.4 petition to the court. Basically it withdraws the conviction and changes it to a dismissal. There are benefits to having this done (particularly when it comes to employment issues and filling out applications), but there are also limitations. There is more info on this at . Feel free to contact me to discuss this further. I handle these matters for clients at a very affordable rate.

Phil Hache
Law Offices of Phil Hache