CA DUI but live out of state

Question: Do I need to get a lawyer in my home state of VA when I got a DUI in Los Angeles, CA? Also, I had another DUI when I was 17 (8 years ago). Will this DUI in Van Nuys be treated as a 2nd DUI? My first was expunged, does that mean it won’t be considered?
Answer: Having a DUI expunged does not necessarily mean that it is not priorable. Although, in your situation, it is unlikely that the criminal court will consider your 1st DUI since it was on your juvenile record. Even if the criminal court does not consider it for sentencing purposes, the dmv likely will.
You need to retain an attorney in CA to handle your DUI out here (an attorney in VA can not handle a DUI in CA unless they are licensed in this state). Call me at 818-336-1DUI to discuss your matter further. I would be happy to help you out.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney