Just got charged with first DUI. Is there anyway to have this not on my record or get it off?

Question: I just got my first DUI a couple of days ago and is there anyway to not have this on my record or get it off? My friend was driving poorly, so we switched driving and I got charged with a first DUI in San Fernando, CA.
Answer: Yes, either get the charges dismissed, or get an acquittal (by going to trial). You should speak to a DUI attorney in your area to discuss the details about your case in more detail.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer