2nd DUI how do i get my drivers license back

Question: What steps do I need to take to get my drivers license back now that it has been 2 1/2 years since my last (2nd) DUI in Burbank? Also, I have a first DUI in Glendale, CA if that matters. And a few other traffic tickets in Los Angeles County since then too, but just infractions.
Answer: In order to get your full drivers license back, you need to complete the 18 month alcohol course (based on the 2nd DUI conviction) along with showing proof of insurance (SR-22 form) and pay the reissuance fee. There may be another suspension as well (ie. based on too many DMV points in a short period of time). Call me to discuss the issue(s) in more detail so I can advise on a plan of attack to get a full, restricted or probationary license back based on your situation.
Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer